Pandas are about inclusivity. The crypto/NFT world has room to grow here. So here’s some help.
- For All: Use ‘fam’ or ‘everyone’ instead of ‘guys’ or ‘boys’.
Ex: “Hey everyone, check this out!”
- Pronouns: Not sure of someone’s gender identity? Easy, use ‘they’ or just ask them.
- Sexual preference: Don’t guess. Listen to them.
Ex: “Are you seeing someone?” instead of “Do you have a girlfriend?”
- Stereotypes: Avoid jokes that stereotype people. What’s funny for one might hurt another.
Ex: Don’t say “All boys are lazy.”
- Microaggressions: Small comments can hurt, too. Listen if someone tells you they’re upset.
Ex: Don’t say “You’re good for a girl.”
- Learn: Everyone makes mistakes. Apologize, learn, and move on.
- Help Out: If you see someone else using language that excludes a group of people, help them understand.
Ex: “Next time, try saying ‘Hey everyone’.” Let’s look out for each other. Thanks, panda fam!